Sunday, August 19, 2012

"Stay Beautiful, Keep It Ugly"


The sky is dark, on this cold august night. I can see my breath against the blood red moon. My heart is pounding as I race across the empty desert, thorny trees pulling at my exposed skin. No one around to hear my cries, I press on. I feel as if there are eyes staring in through my chest, constricting my heart without a touch. I feel a fiery touch graze across my skin, urging me to quicken my pace. I don’t even turn to look around when I hear a maniacal laugh echoing around me. My hopes of escape seemed to disintegrate right in front of me as a shadow man appears, holding what looks like a human heart in his rotting hands. I stop in my tracks, constricting in pain. Dropping to my knees, I clutch my chest, trying to control the pain. To no avail, the pressure increases. Knowing I have no choice, I shakily climb to my knees and continue on, one hand still covering my chest. I can hear soft music starting to play around me, though there is absolutely no one around. Have I finally lost everything I had left in this one moment?


No comments: